• One-Board Design: pulser/receiver and A/D converter on a single PCI board
• 32-bit PCI bus for an ultra-fast data transfer rate
• On-board microprocessor for various custom applications
• On-board encoder counters featuring optional position based data acquisition
• Time stamps, XY positions, and I/O status for each A-scan
• 256-channel automatic timing and switching capability when coupled with DT16 boards
• Distance amplitude correction (DAC) for all 256 channels (optional)
• Up to 100MSPS high-speed A/D conversions with 9-bit resolution
• FIFO memory for storing multiple A-scans—up to 256 kilo samples
• Pulser switch-off during data acquisition for low noise operation
• Wide-range dynamic gain
• Adjustable DC offset
• Oscilloscope software for Windows 2000/XP/Win 7, 8, and 10 included
• Windows 2000/XP/Win 7, 8, and 10 software development kits for C/C++, Visual BASIC, and LabView
The PCIUT3100 ultrasonic testing board is a combination pulser/receiver and high-speed analog to digital converter on a single PCI board. The board generates an electrical pulse which is transmitted to an ultrasonic transducer. The transducer converts the electrical excitation pulse to an ultrasonic pulse which then propagates into the test material or couplant. The transducer also receives the echoes that are reflected back from the interface and converts the ultrasonic pulse back into an electrical signal which is then processed by the on-board receiver and analog to digital converter.
This process is entirely adjustable by the end user—configurable properties include: pulse voltage, pulse width, damping, pulse/echo or through transmission mode, receiver gain, DC offset, low-pass filter, high-pass filter, rectification, sampling rate, trigger source—internal or external, and trigger delay.
Optional add-ons include digital inputs and outputs, an external clock input, a sync output, memory updates, distance amplitude correction (DAC), up to two additional 14-bit analog to digital converters, up to 3 encounter counters, and software development kits.
When used in conjunction with our DT16G 16-channel pulser/receiver switching board, the PCIUT3100 becomes a multi-channel ultrasonic inspection and analysis system capable of up to 256 channels. Multiple PCIUT3100 boards can also be installed in one computer to develop a multi-channel ultrasonic system capable of firing multiple transducers and acquiring data at the same time.
Pulse Voltage -40V to -300V, 256 steps. Higher voltages are available upon request.
Pulse Width 50 ns to 484ns, 256 steps Optional 15 ns is available upon request.
Damping 620Ω, 340Ω, 200Ω, 160Ω, 60Ω, 55Ω, 50Ω, or 47Ω
Internal Trigger 10 Hz to 5000 Hz in 10 Hz increments when internal trigger is selected.
Receiver Gain 0 dB to 80 dB in 0.1dB increments.
DC Offset -2.5V to +2.5V in 5mV increments
Low Pass Filter All, 48MHz, 28MHz, 18MHz, 8.8MHz, 7.5MHz, 6.7MHz, or 5.9MHz
High Pass Filter 4.8MHz, 1.8MHz, 0.8MHz, or 0.6MHz
Waveform Full rectify, + half rectify, - half rectify, or RF
Sampling Rate 100MHz, 50MHz, 25MHz, 12.5MHz, 6.25MHz, 3.125MHz, and 1.5725MHz
Transducer Mode Single (Pulse/Echo) or dual (through transmission)
Resolution 8 bits (0 to 255)
Memory 16 kilo samples and optional 256 kilo samples
Waveform Length 16 to 16382 in 4 sample steps
Trigger Source external, internal or software
Connectors 2 BNC (or optional LEMO 00) connectors: Pulse out, and receiver in
Post Trigger delay 0 to 32764 samples in 2 sample steps
Dimensions 12.5"x4.25" not including BNC and PCI edge connectors
Add-on Options - BNC (LEMO 00) external trigger connector
- BNC (LEMO 00) trigger SYNC output connector
- 160 MHz sampling rate
- Distance amplitude correction
- Up to 3 encoder counters and connectors and 16 digital I/O
- Two additional 14-bit A/D converters
- 256 KB sample memory upgrade
- Windows software development kits
- Multi-channel control option
- Tone burst pulser for low frequency transducers as low as 20 kHz
- Quick FFT transducer evaluation program